There are many things in life I love and one of them is that I love reading, classic and new fiction and non-fictional books, cookbooks, personal development, politics and all. Here are few of my favorite things that I personally use and recommend.
My Favorite Things: Free things that anyone can do!
- Smiles from kids, Zenguy or Friends, that simply refreshes me.
- Listening to R play piano and Little P banging on Pot to play drums
- Reading books (I am specially biased to Jane Austen, P G Wodehouse, Sarat Babu Novels, My grandfather or my mom’s writing)
- Watching movies with Zenguy (many we borrow from local Library), sometimes it takes us week to watch one movie, as we watch after kids to go to sleep, watching 15 minutes one day, 30 minutes next and so on. Sometimes kids sleep through and we get to watch movie all in one sitting! Yeah.
- Writing, I do not claim to be great or good writer, but I love writing short stories and poems (I have not found comfort to share with others yet)
- When I do sketches or do oil painting.
- I simply love to experiment and try Indian and other country cuisine. Often time with Zenguy to try out with.
- When I get simple 15 minutes to sit and drink chai without any disturbance.
- Teaching kids and seeing their excitement to know they are understanding.
- When I see and meet nice, kind human beings in real life and online who help others.
- Smelling roses (or any flowers such as Jasmine) in fresh air
- I like my non-pro blogger status, it lets me be who I am, write at my own pace and write what interests me.
Here are some of the things I use for my kids and family: My family stuff
What I use for Blogging:
- As a Vegetarian and partial vegan, taking B12 Vitamin is essential and you should too.
- We have private health insurance and one of best choice is e Health Insurance. Great for self employed people.
Organize and Planning Life
- Organize your life with FranklinCovey! I took seminar with Franklin Covey years ago when I was working in corporate world, since then I still organize and plan with Covey planner, classes, kids activities and more. It keeps me bit more sane.
- If you need to get Will, Trust set up or if you want to set up a LLC or Business, use Legal Zoom. It is quick and reputable and lot cheaper compared to going through lawyer.
- We have very few gadgets, our TV is still old version that we bought over 10 years ago. I am hopeless at direction so having this GPS sure helps me, even when I take wrong turn during driving.
Print Books I love:
I love reading since I was a kid and I love both non-fiction and fictional classics books. Here are a few that I simply love reading again and again and improve my life. These books are educational and life improving. If you are short on money, please borrow from friends or library first. If you buy from link below, you will not pay extra and I will make small earning from it. Happy reading.
This book totally transformed my view on money and life and how it relates. Must read, sells for about $11.
This book my Amy Dacyczyn is 3 books in one and has many frugal ideas to pick from and you will not find usual tips from other books, it is so personal and unique. Complete series of 3 books sells for about $16.
This is one ultimate book on getting things done by David Allen, even Zen habit’s Leo loves this book. Great tips for productivity, sells for about $7 right now.
This old classic is still relvent in new times, Dale Carnegi is master of persuasion from heart. This book always makes me feel better about me inside while improving relationship with others on outside. Sells for around $13.
Around 2004, I went through major life change trend and started to declutter and simplify my life slowly. This was one of the very first book by Elaine St. James I read and it spoke to me and made so much sense. While I am not a minimalist but my life is so much simpler then before. It sells for about $10.