Image Source: Source
One of the most important thing in mankind life is love and expression of love. We human beings are social creatures and relationships are important and integral part of our living and self worth. Can you imagine, if you had money, fame, beauty and everything you wished for but no true person to love, trust? That would be unbalanced life that would suck big time.
Sometimes, we go through many emotions with our family, friends, spouse, boy friend, girl friend, parents, and children: Some of them makes us happy, some of it makes us sad, and some of it may make us angry as relationship are never straight forward, and are as complex as human beings. Many times, we do not know how to express our love to someone, or we may show it the way we had seen from relatives, parents, which may or maybe not be the correct way. Some people may think buying expensive gift for someone you love is ONLY way to show you care. There are many simple and inexpensive ways to rock your marriage and love life.
If you ask my mom how to show we love her, she may tell that if we finished the food she cooked and asked for seconds that is love. It might be, but then you load up on love and calories at the same time, two in one combo, which may not be the perfect way to show love.Yet, my mom’s cooking is great and having someone cook for me is even greater so I ask for seconds always. Little weight and exercise later is worth it for my mom’s cooking!
Here are 50 easy and simple ways to shows your love (and hopefully right way) to your loved ones, not only on Valentine day but everyday!
- Simply say “I love you” and mean it.
- Listen to them, without interrupting
- Give them hug
- Ask them how was their day in the evening
- When you see them give a smile
- Watch romantic movies with them
- Do something special just for her like going shopping, or special for him like learn to like his favorite sport.
- Make an effort to take an interest their life
- Do not lie
- Keep faith in each other
- Make thier favorite meal for him/her or make it together
- Watch sunset together
- Put blanket on them when they have slept off, tuck them in (Yes, even adults)
- Show them you “need” them in your life
- Invest time in your relationship
- Do not compare them with others
- Share good things about them to others
- Share problems and issues you may have in private
- When having an issue, address situation and do not attack the person
- When being busy, spend quality time
- Listen, truly listen (not just “hear”)
- Encourage them to be the best
- Have trust in them
- Do not be possessive, let them be
- Make a time for each other
- Do not nag (If you can not help it, do it less)
- Be genuine in praise
- Try to forgive silly minor mistakes
- Do not cheat on them
- Dance together (Even when you do not know how)
- When in your loved one is in bad mood, give them some space without ignoring them too much
- Never go to sleep angry (I learned this from Zenguy)
- Keep your promises
- Be a good father: That is a good turn on for many wives
- Do not gossip about him or family: How to make sure a guy like you
- It is okay to depend on each other
- It is okay to be traditional in marriage
- Be respectful of each other
- Set boundaries in love and follow it (specially when dating)
- True love is giving and never disciplinarian or authoritative
- Note to girls: You do not have to dress provacotically to make guy like you, cover up! (Right Guy will respect you for it.
- Something are worth waiting for such as Sex
- Treat them like you wanted to be treated
- Praise them even when they are not around to hear it
- Say what you mean
- When angry, count until 100 before you say something you may regret
- Occasional dis-agreement and fights are natural in the beginning, do not think your love is doomed because of it.
- Make compromises that work for both of you.
- Do not follow love trends of celebrities or others, make your own judgement and follow your own gut feelings
- Love is surrendering to other person, it is not about having power over them.
Have a great love life with these simple steps, do you have yours to add to the list?
This post is written by Preeti Bhatt who writes under name of Zengirl on Heart and Mind
Blog. She writes articles about self improvement, stress free and slow living and believes in slow blogging.
If you liked this article, please subscribe to Heart and Mind blog for FREE via RSS Feed or email.