Are you done with your Gift Shopping?
Christmas is just around the corner, and what if you are one of those people, who still have some shopping left to do? Not to mention, some one gave you gifts that you were not expecting and now you feel you ought to buy them something too. I forget sometimes, little something for my neighbors, or mail woman or our gardener and so on. So, now I have to go and get something that gets delivered in time before Christmas eve.
If you are in situation like this, do not panic. Okay, panic for 1 minute then take a deep breath. I think I figured out a few ways we can save the Christmas gift giving. Gift giving does not have to cost a fortune or cause a stress, with little planning and creativity, one can find out last minute frugal gifts that are good for you and recipient.
How to Get Last Minute Gifts Suggestions
Last minute gift ideas will not work for most traditional online shipping ideas, specially if you are short on time. We need gift right NOW, I mean in most day or two, we can not wait for order and wait for shipping to arrive, or can you? Here are some tips that I am exploring for getting last minute gift buying: Hopefully, these tips will help you as well, if you are in similar situation like me.
1. When you have 2-3 days left for shopping:
- Buy Gifts from Local stores: If you have still few days left before Christmas, you can go to Walmart, Target, Kohls or ToysrUS and buy things and pay for it and give to person just in time.
- If stores or online stores can do one day shipping for your out of state family and friends, you may want to take that option and pay bit extra for one day shipping.
2. When you have only 1 day or less for shopping:
- You can go to local grocery store for buying gifts. Yes, grocery stores do sell other things besides groceries, so check it out such as cookware and kitchen gadgets to photo frames.
- You can go to Gas station or drug store for last minute gifts shopping. Drug stores are sometimes open 24 hours and have perfume, toys, small kitchen gadgets, photo albums and more.
- If nothing is open, you can go to your local airport, they are open even during Christmas eve as everyone seems to be flying around it. You can purchase books, candies or wine from airport stores last minute.
- If you buy online gift cards, you can email the card numbers to your relatives who might be living far and they may get gifts right away to use it.
- Give IOU card, if nothing else works, give them a promise to buy something as soon as possible. This may not work with small child but some adults, so know people’s emotions.
- You can make something at home such as soup, cookies or jam and use it as a edible gifts.
Last Minute Gift Ideas under $20
Okay, so you decided to try buying a last minute gifts from grocery store, drug store, gas station or air port store, what can you buy there and how much usually it will cost you? While prices of stuff varies by locations, I have found these 20 items under $20 or so, that you can buy from these stores. Sounds like a good plan and last minute solution to many of us.
- Candies and Chocolate Boxes
- Lotto tickets
- Music CDs, Movies
- Photo frames and Photo Albums
- Wine and Beer
- Magazines and Books
- Magazine Subscription
- Small Kitchen Cookware gadgets
- Board games
- Small toys for kids
- Perfume for men and women
- Beauty and Makeup kits
- Notebook, pens etc
- Coffee mug and gourmet Coffee
- Clock of various types
- Calendar and planners for next year
If you have time or chance, buy extra few generic gifts and store it on your garage or extra room for emergency last minute gifts. Otherwise, I hope these tips will be useful to any of you looking for last minute gift ideas.
The best way to not get in to this is either do not do gift giving or buy it now when you have time. Have a great shopping and even better holidays!
Image source: Christmas Gifts