Last July, I did No Spend Month Experiment, and I am planning to on doing it again this year, hope you can join me in my adventure. We have reduced our wants and simplified our life a little but there is always a possibility of meeting our budget or not.
I will post my spending for the week, every Monday sometimes to calculate and write up a post about it.
What is No Spend Month Challenge?
Family: 4 people: Me, Zenguy, 6 Year Old R, and 2 Year old P
Budget for July: We can only spend $300 whole month
What is Included in $300.00 Budget:
- Eating out
- Entertaining Guests and Friends
- Gas for cars
- Any entertainment such as books, movies, dvds, museum etc
- Household cleaning and toiletry items
- Household repairs
- Credit card bills
- Any want items such as books, toys, snacks, magazines, gadgets
- Gardening supply (if any)
- Any Household items
What is not included in $300 budget?
- Savings and investment (if any)
- Health and doctor’s visit and medicines
- Gifts, Charities (we do not want to skimp on it too much)
- Job related expenses
- Any unforeseen life emergency situation
- Utility bills
- Kids education related expenses
- Any gifts card and cash gifts from family or friends
- If we sell any household items on craigslist, it can be used for expense if needed.
No Spend Month Challenge Plan:
- I have no set plan. Either I have become too lazy or too comfortable that I am going to take one step at the time.
- No pre flling of gas in cars
- No buying groceries from June budget
No Spend Month 2010 Challenge Recap:
If you want to check out the last year’s experience, see below;
No Spend Month Challenge: Update 1 Money Spent 1st week: $104.73
No Spend Month Challenge: Update 2 Money Spent 2nd week: $33.72
No Spend Month Challenge: Update 3 Money spent 3rd week: $97.15
No Spend Month Challenge: Update 4 Money spent4th week: $18.50
Would you like to Join the Challenge?
In past, I know many people who have done no spend month challenge in past such as Rachel, Sharon, Kait and Carla. I am not sure who else other than myself are going to do No spend month challenge. You are more than welcome to join and let me know, so I can add it to the post and more the merrier! Join in.
See Updates and Progress here:
No Spend Month Challenge Update 3
No Spend Month Challenge Update 4
No Spend Month challenge Take away (2011)