- Quitting my 6 figure income to be home with family and do volunteer work
- Decide to home school
- We do attachment parenting with kids
- Life long vegetarian who is unsuccessfully trying to go Vegan for 7 months (can not give up yogurt yet)
- Blogging with passion and not with success plan in mind
- Not being on twitter, Facebook or other social media (lack of time, see #2 and #3)
- Hardly promoting my blog, have done only 3 guest posts and 2 online magazine contributions.
- Releasing free ebook without any knowledge of creating a digital product, other than telling a few friends, no marketing for it.I think it went well.
- Saying no to many promotional books and products and potential revenue just because I do not believe in products.
- Spending a lot on site and making 0.44 cents in my blogging life. Yes, I am shocked as well! 🙂
- Living life with no significant income last year (with me at home and Zenguy without a project for awhile)
- Making friends online with other blogger and commenter, many cool people actually.
- Living and practicing really what I write about such as being content and happy. (Some days are better)
- Being thankful for many good things happening around me and other people.
- Gaining wisdom to know that I do not know much in life.
- Relearning from my own history, that, best things in life are not things and people.
What are my goals and resolutions going forward in 2011?
I always think that is it is good to have planning and organization skills in order to be productive and successful. While I do have my planner book and general to do list, I really do not have any resolutions for past few years. It is okay to be unproductive sometimes, we could all use some down time from all productive stuff that we usually do.
Every year, I used to make same resolutions like many other well meaning people such as eating better, saving money, spending time with family, get out debt, help others more and so on. You know what, like 88% people I was already breaking my resolution goals and it was not fun getting off the wagon. So, now what do I do? I do not make new year resolutions so therefor, no chance of failing! However, I have rough goal plan that are specific.
- I want to talk to one stranger (real or online life) and make a friend.
- I want to count to ten before responding to someone whose point of view is different than mine.
- I really want to think money is not root of evil, I have been avoiding it past few years. I am all for giving but taking things I have such a hard time. I wish to have a little income to sustain our already simple and frugal lifestyle.
- Make time to read classic books and educational books.
- I am also addicted to blog reading and internet, I have told R last year, sorry, mommy is busy blogging. I generally spend 1 hour to 3 hours on each post to create mediocre posts. In addition to it takes time to go through comments, spams and emails from heart and mind blog. R was simply happy this Christmas when I was off the laptop and actually spend quality time with him. I want to balance it better.
- I have been so busy playing a blogger, teacher, friend (online and offline), daughter, sister, sister in law, daughter in law that I have forgotten to give any time to myself and Marriage, I want to change that this year.
- I want to really go on good laid back vacation with family. Maybe one day I can convince my relative to do a big reunion type of outing, if everyone’s schedule met.
- Provide more values to my family and on my blog. Doing my best without expecting (This is toughie)
- Just have fun. What if I do not achieve any of this? I will be still me. It is okay to fail, as long as I tried my best. You should do the same.
- It is okay to cry and feel down. But when I am done wallowing in my own sorrow, I want to get up and improve upon whatever was bothering me.
- My last goal is to “Live and let other live”. I sometimes think when we love and dictate how one should live, we are suffocating them with love. So, let others be. Be supportive, even if I do not get the why they do things certain way.
I have learned a lot in year 2010 and there are many things to still learn. Here are some of the reasons, I am starting off 2011, new year with trials and errors and changing course of action as needed, if needed.
Hope I survive! and I hope all of your survive and thrive.
Other Important note; My friend Evelyn from Healthier you have just released a free ebook, 10 important keys to become healthier. Please go and download it for free, it is timely as many of us want to start off new year becoming healthier. While you are check out Evelyn’s blog, as she has wonderful tips on healthy living as well as blogging topics too.