Me, in front of our house
For those of you are reading Heart and Mind blog for sometime will know that I believe in slow blogging, blogging part time with my 2 small kids, family life and my volunteer teaching position, also I have written anonymously so far. This is not new, many people before me have done it, in book writing and blog writings, some have been very successful and others have not;
Authors: Books and Plays:
- Even William Shakespeare has written a few plays anonymously: See the original article by Telegraph UK here.
- My favorite author Jane Austen had her first published book Sense and Sensibility , it was under name of “by a Lady“.
- Mary Ann Evans, a Victorian English writer wrote many romantic is her known by her Pen name of George Elliot, man’s name instead who has written Middlemarch and Daniel Deronda
- If you ask anyone who is Howard Allen, you may not know but ask any one who is Anne Rice, Author of Interview with the Vampire most of you will know her.
- Author of Harry Potter J.K Rowling’s real name is Joanne Jo Murray. Rowling is her maiden name she uses the author the very famous Harry Potter Set a seven of Harry Potter Series of books.
- Nora Roberts who has famously written romance novels, her real name is Eleanor Marie Robertson.
- The Bronte Sisters have also written a few books under Pseudo names.
In blogworld, there are many famous bloggers who have used and some are still using Pseudo Identity to blog. Some of the successful one are;
- Johnny B. Truant from JohnnyBtruant.com and copyblogger
- Flexo from Consumercommentary.com
- James Chartand from men with pen is not only using pen name, but actually a woman.
- Frugal babe from frugalbabe.com
- Kerry Taylor used to write under Sqauwkfox, name of her blog. Now she has published a book and writes with her real name.
- Ryan from Cash Money Life has written under pen name of Patrick until little while ago.
Me with two cutest spider kids, R and P
I am sure there are many example of honest people who wrote under pen name or pseudo name for various reasons. Now, I am not comparing myself to these well known and famous writers or bloggers but I too have written under pseudo name till now for following reasons;
- Internet has so much information already, I wanted to be cautious and take time.
- I wanted to write without being affected by loved one’s : family and friend’s support to see if I could gather readers on my own merit. Only Zenguy knew my blogging here and he was not allowed to comment here.
- I wanted to find my own voice and readers without influence of my name, religion, or nationality.
- I was not making a brand for my name or blog and still holds true.
- Whatever I have written here is honest truth about my self, my kids and Zenguy.
All these point still stands but I have realized that I have found my voice and a few readers who like my writing despite not knowing my name. Now, it is time for me to come out my shadow and introduce myself as I want to be transparent in this blog. This is not a sudden move, it has been in thoughts for many days and weeks and time for me to reveal myself to you all, as you deserve to know.
My name is Preeti Bhatt and I live in California. I am originally from India and came to US when I was barely a teen with my parents and siblings. I have now 2 kids, R and P, who keeps me very busy. I am married to my best friend Zenguy, who keeps me in check and supports me.
I hope all of you still join me in our journey to life improvement and slow life. Thank you for reading me at Heart and Mind .
Preeti AKA Zengirl